torsdag 30. mai 2013

Crystal tears

Now, O, now, I needs must part,
parting though I absent mourn.
Absence can no joy impart,
joy, once fled, cannot return.


Sad despair doth drive me hence,
this despair unkindness sends.
If that parting be offence,
it is she which then offends!


While I live I needs must love,
Love lives not when hope is gone:
Now, at last, despair doth prove,
Love divided loveth none.


Dear, when from thee I am gone,
Gone are all my joys at once.
I loved thee and thee alone,
in whose love I joyed once.


And, although your sight I leave,
sight wherein my joys do lie,
'Till that Death do sense bereave,
never shall affection die.


Dear, if I do not return,
Love and I shall die together.
For my absence never mourn,
whom you might have joined ever.


Part we must, though now I die,
Die I do to part with you;
Him despair doth cause to lie,
who both loved and dieth true.
,
Få har som  1500 talls komponisten John Dowland (1563 - 1626) gjeve uttrykk for det melankolske og sorgfulle ved tilveret. Vissa om at alt er kortvarig, ikkje minst kjærleiken som i teksten ovanfor. Vi møtest, skiljer lag,  møtest kanskje igjen eller aldri meir. Dowlands innsikt er prega av hans tid men likevel allmenngyldig. Andreas Scholl er ein eminent tolkar av  Dowland songar på innspelinga
"Crystal Tears " frå eit par år tilbake.
Lenke til "Now, O Now, I needs must part under.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezh1dxnwMWQ

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar